Big Data Engineer
Are you intrigued by Big Data projects? Are you experienced in development, but want to move forward and broaden your skills? If the answer is yes, you are in the right place. We are currently looking for the right person to join a Bid Data team working on a Telco project.
What are we delivering for this Big Data project?
- Design and implementation of data warehouse using Hadoop ecosystem to perform data mining for customer information and their transactions
You will blend right in if you enjoy:
- Project for one of the biggest telecom leaders
- Working on applications (ETL, Enrichment, Machine Learning)
- New technologies within an Agile environment
- Creating triggers defined by the business
- Collaboration within Scrum teams (8 to 15 people)
- Daily teleconference in English (part of the team is abroad)
- Proven experience with development (Java, Python, SQL, Bash)
- Fundamental knowledge or experience with Big Data
- Understanding of databases, experience with Linux, Hadoop
- GIT fundamentals
- Good communication skills in Czech and English, German is a plus
- Ability to travel (approximately 5 business trips to Germany per year)
Good to have:
- Experience with Hive, Impala, Spark, Oozie, as well as potentially ETL tools – Informatica, Abinitio, Talend
- Understanding of Data Warehouse, working with data and data processing (OOM, Shell)
On top of interesting work, and working with a team of great colleagues, we offer:
5 weeks of vacation, 3 sick days, ‘Birthday Day’, food vouchers, benefit card (6000 CZK/year), fully covered Multisport card, mobile plan, cafeteria services.
Did we spark an interest? Don’t wait and send us your resume or your LinkedIn profile: firstname.lastname@example.org